I am sure that my blog will become quite eclectic in its content from time to time. I wanted to share an event we have here every year at the Wichita Center for the Arts. It's a fundraiser, but also a great event to "kick off" the Holiday Season---Holiday Tables. Businesses, individuals, or community groups decorate tables to celebrate the Holidays or some other event. I am always amazed at the beauty, creativity, and hard work that goes into putting these tables together. The 40 tables range from glamorous and glitzy, to homey and informal. We raise around $40,000 that goes back to the Center. We also have a bake sale while the Holiday Tables event is going on. I made 5 recipes of Mini Sticky Buns that were snatched up before they could "hit the table". They are sooooo good and soooooo easy--I thought I would share the recipe.
Mini Sticky Buns
1/3 C brown sugar
1/3 C softened margarine
2 T light corn syrup (Karo)
8 oz can crescent rolls
2 T sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 C or more chopped pecans
1. Mix marg., br. sugar, and syrup. Spread in bottom of ungreased 8 in. pan.
Sprinkle chopped pecans over all.
2. Separate crescent roll dough into 4 rectangles. Press perforations together to seal.
3. Mix cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle evenly over rectangles. Roll up each one from the short side.
4. Cut each roll into 5 equal pieces. Place cut side down in the br. sugar mixture in rows of 4 x 5.
5. Bake @ 375 for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in pan for one minute, then invert onto foil or serving plate.